Monday, March 11, 2013

Chicken Breast, Sous Vide

Simple boneless, skinless chicken breasts from the local grocery store.  I picked up three of a larger size.  Two of the breasts were only lightly seasoned with sea salt and pepper.  The third I used a dash of a lemon chicken seasoning.

Water bath: 147 F
Time: 4 hrs

The results were nice and tender, although I would cook them less time in the future and might even experiment with lowering the temperature.

In the 147 F water bath.


The chicken came out an interesting color.  I wouldn't call it ugly, but rather plain.

And a flip onto the plate.
Pan searing in hot Canola oil.

Excellent texture.  I don't believe I needed to cook them so long (most of that was waiting for everyone) and could detect the slightest hint that the chicken was about to get stringy if left in longer or hotter.
Again, only butter knives were used to cut the breast.   I wasn't able to tell which breast was lemon-seasoned after searing, so I doubt it made much difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment