Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Results of Carolina Style BBQ Sauce

After setting the fridge for a couple of days, I took out my three different versions of my Carolina-style BBQ sauce.  This is a vinegar-based sauce, with a spicy kick.

Version 1:
Considered the best; offered the smoothest flavor.  I think this is a function of the paprika, which helped to cover up the cayenne.

Version 2:
The least favorite.  "Cayenne is a very agressive flavor".

Version 3:
People thought this had an "Asian" flavor to it, similar to the hot sauces you'd see at Filipino restaurant.


What's behind jar #1?  Jar #2?  Jar #3?


Rob enjoying the meat.

Ultimately, I wasn't that pleased with any of the versions and want to go back to the drawing board on Carolina-style.  I'd like to use white vinegar as a base next time and need to find something that makes the sauce a colloidal suspension.  I heard garlic, ketchup or xantham gum and will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment